THE DETOX CHALLENGE: The Final Round Up
The results are in! Our AQUIS Detox Challenge Crew has completed their 5 week hair detox and we can't stop staring (insert heart eye emoji here) !!!
At the beginning of the summer we challenged three digital content pros to accept the AQUIS Detox Challenge and forego all other haircare products this summer. Using only the 4 step AQUIS Prime Routine, plus our Detoxifying Hair & Scalp Wash, they have checked in along the way, sharing their progress and the changes they have experienced in the health of their hair.
Scroll down to hear about their amazing, healthy hair results and see the dazzling proof! First, a recap of the Detox rules:
THE HAIR RULES:
- Protect hair from washing before getting in the shower. Prior to washing hair, apply Water Defense PreWash to dry hair to protect from water damage, mineral deposit build-up, and cuticle damage during shampooing. Low level, lightweight silicones, proven to not cause build up, protect the hair without weighing it down. Formulated with coconut oil to help make hair hydrophobic.
- Wash hair at the END of each shower, keeping it up and dry until you are ready to wash your hair. Waiting until the end of your shower to wet hair will help prevent water damage.
- Shampoos can be harsh, stripping the scalp of its natural oils, prompting it to produce oil more rapidly which makes hair get “greasy” faster and thus makes us have to cleanse even more… vicious cycle. Rebalancing Hair Wash cleanses effectively without stripping, to balance natural oil production in the scalp – you don’t have to wash as often and our gentle wash helps reset hairs’ pH.
- NO conditioner. In-shower conditioners trap water inside the hair which makes it more prone to damage due to the swelling of the cortex and pressure on the cuticle – open cuticles cause tangling and frizz but also expose the hair to more damage. Damaged hair can feel dryer so we increase conditioner or switch to a heavy conditioning mask which just makes the problem worse… vicious cycle.
- After washing, gently press excess water from hair and wrap hair up with the AQUIS Prime Rapid Dry Hair Turban or Towel. Cut hair drying time by 50% without friction or heat damage, resulting in smoother, shinier, healthier hair.
- Apply Restorative Leave-In Serum to damp hair and distribute evenly, using a wide tooth comb or your fingers. Composed of lightweight conditioning agents (no silicones), squalane and lightweight oil (very low level) to seal in moisture, reduce frizz, and even protect from pollution, keeping dirt and toxins from building up on the hair. Maintains ideal moisture balance making hair soft and silky, while promoting natural bounce, life, and movement since there is nothing weighing it down.
- Once a week, replace Rebalancing Hair Wash with the Detoxifying Hair & Scalp Wash formulated with charcoal and witch hazel to help unclog follicles and draw out impurities so that the hair follicle is in optimal condition for healthy hair growth. Unclogged and healthy hair follicles reduce the potential of hair falling out.
- Enjoy your best hair day!
DETOX YOUR WAY TO HEALTHY HAIR
Before beginning the AQUIS prime routine, my hair felt: A little dry
Now, my hair feels: Moisturized and voluminous!
Before beginning the AQUIS prime routine my hair looked: Dull
Now, my hair looks: Shiny and bouncy as ever!
When do you love your hair the most? I love my hair when it’s freshly washed, moisturized, and properly styled. Something about a healthy head of hair just warms my heart lol
What’s the most important thing to know about your hair? You need to have patience. Growing healthy hair takes time and you have to cater to your hairs needs.
What has been the most surprising part of AQUIS so far? I’m normally skeptical about trying new products since I have African American hair. There are some products that I just stay away from. Surprisingly, I took a chance with AQUIS and I’m very impressed. I loved how the turban didn’t dry out my curls and that matters most when you are transitioning.
What’s next for your hair? I’ll most likely keep my hair in protective styles. I like how my hair is growing and I’m trying to cater to it as best as possible. My goal is to attain bra-length hair, so I’ll continue to use my AQUIS products to get me there. Black hair is very delicate so I have to treat it as such and thanks to AQUIS I can.
Before beginning the AQUIS prime routine, my hair felt: Dull, damaged, and dry.
Now, my hair feels: Soft to the touch, healthier, and with more body.
Before beginning the AQUIS prime routine, my hair looked: Opaque, very damaged, with very dry ends.
Now, my hair looks: Shiny and so much more healthy.
When do you love your hair the most? I love it when I style it with hot tools (curling it)and sleep on it. I love how it looks on the day after.
What’s the most important thing to know about your hair? It's naturally very curly, but I can never manage to let it curl beautifully, so I always blow dry it and style it straight with the hair dryer.
What has been the most surprising part of AQUIS so far? Finding out that prolonged water exposure could cause so much damage to my hair. I would also never have imagined that skipping conditioner would do so much good to my hair.
What’s next for your hair? Continuing to follow my lean AQUIS hair routine, and DEFINITELY using my Hair Turban every time I wash it. The Turban was another big surprise of this whole challenge. It makes my hair dry so quickly while allowing me to do so much while it dries (without having to walk around the house with that annoying dripping hair).
Before beginning the AQUIS prime routine, my hair felt: Dry and frizzy
Now my hair feels: Hydrated and soft
Before beginning the AQUIS prime routine, my hair looked: Dull, dry, frizzy, damaged
Now my hair looks: Defined, shiny, and healthy
When do you love your hair the most: 2 days after washing it. I love how big it gets.
What’s the most important thing to know about your hair? It is low porosity which means it takes a little longer to absorb water and products.
What has been the most surprising part of AQUIS so far: How much my hair LOVES the water defense prewash. It’s very rare that I use a prewash, but now I’m a believer.
What’s next for your hair? I think I’m going to get a protective style to give my hair a break for a bit.
ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE
Using only the AQUIS Prime Routine, plus our Detoxifying Hair & Scalp Wash, follow the AQUIS rules to achieve your healthiest, strongest hair before the end of the season.
Find our Detox Crew on Instagram: